OUGD602: Business Card Development // Personal Branding

by Roxxie Blackham on Tuesday 12 May 2015

For my business cards I wanted something quite plain, yet reflective of my crafty and lettering side. When I was playing around with ideas, I realised that the logo itself doesn't really work on the business card on it's own and would need something extra to make it pop.

I decided to come up with a hand rendered design to put on my business cards...








Vectorising the design took hours and hours because of the beveled letters..









I had a play around to see how my business cards could look...



I decided to go with the following design:


I changed a few things about my original drawn design, as I found it really difficult to trace over properly. I also found that it wasn't perfect enough and I'm a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to my work so wanted to make sure that the design was impeccable. 

I found some really nice stock in Hobbycraft that was the perfect colour for my branding, so thought that it would be good to test out colours on this stock and see how they looked.





These were printed out to test the colours on paper...


(For some reason the photos keep uploading upside down and sideways, but you get the idea...)



I made a few changes to the design after seeing how they would look printed on the stock.

The final cards printed:







It was hard to photograph the business cards in the studio on my iPhone as the colours didn't really show up that well. The stock used for the cards is actually a peppermint colour. Will need to consider what colour backdrop I use when photographing the work properly in order to make the colours pop!

Leave your comment