OUGD602: Edible Art Exhibition

by Roxxie Blackham on Sunday 17 May 2015

A friend in first year invited me to go and have a look at her work up in an exhibition in Munro House so I went down to show my support as well as have a look at what else was being exhibited.






(photos of me taken by Jessie Leong)



There were some really interesting pieces up on display. I particularly liked the photos of food taken by Nathan Pask - the colours were so rich and the images of the food were really raw and kind of hard to look at, which made them strangely alluring.

I think that the exhibition was good to go to as it was nice to see conceptual work that was quite trendy and vivid too. I also have a huge love for photography so seeing a lot of rich photographs on display was really pleasing for the eye and I really enjoyed looking at the work for a while rather than glancing at it and moving onto the next piece.

Going to this exhibition has inspired me to get back into my photography when I graduate. I still really love taking photographs and it's always been a bit of a hobby on the side, especially as I love to take nice photos for my instagram page, so I think that when I graduate I'd like to make some more time for this and see what I can come up with image wise, as I'd like to produce some portfolio pieces that are highly image orientated.

Leave your comment