OUGD602: Logo Development // Personal Branding

by Roxxie Blackham on Sunday 3 May 2015

My current logo:


Although I like my current logo, I can't get over the fact it reminds me of Barbie so I thought I'd change it and make it a bit different. I think I'd like a little bit more of a professional typeface incorporated, and to even try out using my whole name in a logo! However, I don't want to spend too much time trying to create a brand new logo, as I found this really difficult last year and spent hours barely doing anything because I was being so picky over every design!


I like my new logo, because it still feels personal and illustrative. I didn't want to completely edge away from the fact that I enjoy hand rendered typography, but I wanted to make sure that my logo would be taken seriously and reflect the designing that I can do too! I decided to alter the colour of my branding slightly to make the colour more of a peppermint colour than a light green, as peppermint is my favourite colour!

After creating my new logo, I thought that I should create an email signature to make my emails seem more professional. I came up with an idea of how I wanted the signature to look on Illustrator:


Annoyingly creating signatures is a bit difficult on Outlook, so I've had to work around the design limits. This meant that I couldn't use custom typefaces or colours in my signature.

I tried a few different things in Outlook and sent myself some test emails to see how the signature would look to the receiver of the email:


I didn't really like how spaced out all of the typography was, so tried to fix that...


I still wasn't entirely sure if the long version of my logo worked in the signature, so I tried out my other logo!


I think that this worked so much better. It fitted together a lot nicer and looked more considered which is good!

This is how it looks in an email:


It's quite big, but I don't mind that as you will almost be forced to recognise my branding and remember my name!

I have also applied my new logo and brand colour to my existing website so that my branding is up to date online!





I even made a new favicon to coincide with my new branding!



Although it's quite difficult to see the favicon on the small web address, it does come up as a larger image in bookmarks and recently visited sites.

I also updated my Instagram so that the logo was featured on there too!


Leave your comment